This list and a question

I just joined this list last week, I may have been greviously mistaken,
but I thought that this list talked about technical issues of being a
cypherpunk.  It seems to me that most of the things posted here belong is
a newsgroup rather than in my mailbox.  So I guess the question is:
Is there a cypherpunk newsgroup, and if there isn't why?  I am not
complaining so much about the content, but I get so many mail messages
about things that I would just as soon miss in my mail box that I have a
hard time finding the messages that I do want.  Just a thought. . . .

Hey and is there some sort of FAQ?

gemnis