Re: Anonymous payment scheme

   From: [email protected] (Samuel Kaplin)

   I was looking at at the bigger picture. Any merchant who accepts Visa or MC
   could now accept anonymous payments. No hassle at all on their part.
   [...]
   The key
   would be not to have the card attached to the account. If the card is
   attached to any type of account, then there are reporting requirements.

Visa was talking about an electronic traveller's check, which, from
what I could tell, instantiated an account in the sum of the value of
the card purchased, which was then drawn down by purchase.  The card,
evidently, had no embossing on it.  Personalization was limited to
some account id which would last the lifetime of the balance and then
disappear.

Eric