Re: Siegel and Lewis

On Wed, 4 Jan 1995, Jonathan Rochkind wrote:
> In a rather disjointed sort of way, that makes it easy to beleive the
> article was mangled somewhat in editing. Perhaps they rearanged it to put
> the "sensational" fear-mongering stuff first.  Which is unfortunate, and

One of the top points was "experts say ....".   Journalists
do not quote anonymous "experts" on controversial stuff
unless they have marching orders from above.  It is a
violation of the standard rules of journalism.  You are
always supposed to identify the person allegedly speaking.

"Experts say .." is like "Highly placed sources ...".   You know an
official lie issued by the the appropriate department of lies is
about going to follow when you see those words.

This article was no accident of sloppy thinking and editing.

We have the right to defend ourselves and our
property, because of the kind of animals that we        James A. Donald
are.  True law derives from this right, not from
the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.            [email protected]