Re: for-pay remailers and FV (Was Re: Remailer Abuse)

On Fri, 6 Jan 1995, Jonathan Rochkind wrote:

> Hmm. Maybe I don't completely understand how this is going to work, but
> won't _every_ remailer in the chain need to know your FV billing account?

First remailer knows you and your FV billing account.  Charges you
its own fee and the fee for all for profit remailers in the list.
(The envelope states what this fee is going to be)

Second remailer charges first remailer.

Third remailer charges second remailer.

If the postage on the envelope is insufficient to cover all
the for profit remailers the message passes through, it gets
bounced or dropped.

In principle it could work,

But blinded digital cash makes it a lot easier.  (blinded
postage stamps)

I would not try to implement it.  Too much like hard work, for
an unnecessarily complex solution.

We have the right to defend ourselves and our
property, because of the kind of animals that we        James A. Donald
are.  True law derives from this right, not from
the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.            [email protected]