Re: Storm Signals

L. McCarthy wrote:
> Sam Kaplin writes:
> > Todd Masco writes:
> > > 	1: Somebody's roommate (a Green Beret) has been called back into
> > > 		6 months of active service.  He was not told where he'd be.
> >
> > Perhaps Bosnia?
>
> I doubt it. The only sort of Bosnian engagement that might make sense would
> involve a fairly conspicuous effort with a large number of troops. I can't
> see what a few thousand Green Berets could accomplish there.
>
> Frankly, I'm quite puzzled by these signs. I can't think of any country that
> seems due for a quick invasion by the USG, but the increase in granularity of
> the GPS information suggests an operation of greater magnitude than just a
> strike against terrorists, drug cartels etc.

CNN reported on Monday that U.S. troops are being sent back to Somalia
to ensure and orderly and safe withdrawal of U.N. peacekeeping forces.

This might explain the few thousand Green Berets being sent, if this
is so. About the GPS, I have nok idea, though it seems plausible.

I know this has no Cypherpunks relevance, but I see a lot of
speculation, so I thought adding what CNN is reporting might help.

--Tim

[email protected]       | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero
                       | knowledge, reputations, information markets,
Cypherpunks list: [email protected] with body message of only:
subscribe cypherpunks. FAQ available at ftp.netcom.com in pub/tc/tcmay