Re: Multiple symetric cyphers

   From: [email protected] (L. Todd Masco)

   I'm wondering: would the strength be increased by using a randomly selected
   symetric cypher?

Strength is not right aspect.  Global risk is reduced, simply because
the aggregate cost of a breach is reduced.

But selecting a single cipher is just as much a fixed policy as a
randomly selected one is.  Far better to let the user pick a policy,
both about sent and accepted ciphers.

   I guess this reduces to: do strong cyphers have "signatures" of some sort,
   by which the type of encryption can be derived?

If they do, they're likely not _strong_ ciphers.

Eric