Re: Reefer madness

On Thu, 12 Jan 1995, Frederic Halper wrote:

> Any person no matter their age should be wary if someone solicits them
> for sex.

I agree, however it does seem to be a bit much for a horny geek who
propositions a supposed 21-year old who turns out to be 14 to be sent to
jail and forever marked as an EVIL PEDOPHILE, rather than just being told
to get a life. Particularly if, say, the girl in question was posting to
alt.sex.wanted or something.

But the main point I was trying to make here is that with laws like this
proof of age would be required in both directions. Of course, a system
that stamped each users age on outgoing messages could well lead to more
real-world abuse by the real crazies, not less...

			Mark