Re: FBI and BLACKNET

On Thu, 12 Jan 1995 17:09:33 -0800 (PST), Syed Yusuf <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Jan 1995, Samuel Kaplin wrote:
>
> > I hope they took you someplace nice for lunch...You might want to file a
> > FOI request on yourself, just to see how much they censor. ;) They might
> > think you're the ringleader, after all the FBI doesn't buy peons lunch. ;)
> >

> For the benifit of myself and the list, how would you go about doing that?

Fill out this form letter, get it notarized and send it to the address in
the letterhead. Be prepared to wait and get jerked around. I have heard
that some FOI requests have taken as long as two years to get back.

Sam

                   PRIVACY ACT & FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT REQUEST

(date)

                        (requester's name and address)

        Federal Bureau of Investigation
        Records Management Division -
        FOIA/PA Office
        9th & Pennsylvania Avenue NW
        Washington, DC 20535

Gentlemen:

This is a request for records under the provisions of both the Privacy
Act (5 USC 552b) and the Freedom of Information Act (5 USC 522). This
request is being made under both Acts.

I hereby request one copy of any and all records about me or
referencing me maintained at the FBI. This includes (but should not be
limited to) documents, reports, memoranda, letters, electronic files,
database references, "do not file" files, photographs, audio tapes,
videotapes, electronic or photographic surveillance, "june mail", mail
covers, and other miscellaneous files, and index citations relating to
me or referencing me in other files.

My full name is:___________________________________
My date of birth was______________
My place of birth was:______________________________
My social security #:______________
I have lived in these places:

Other names, places, events, organizations or other references under
which you may find applicable records:

As you know, FOIA/PA regulations provide that even if some requested
material is properly exempt from mandatory disclosure, all segregable
portions must be released. If the requested material is released with
deletions, I ask that each deletion be marked to indicate the
exemption(s) being claimed to authorize each particular withholding.
In addition, I ask that your agency exercise its discretion to release
any records which may be technically exempt, but where withholding
serves no important public interest.

I hereby agree to pay reasonable costs associated with this request up
to a maximum of $25 without my additional approval. However, I
strongly request a fee waiver because this is, in part, a Privacy Act
request.

This letter and my signature have been certified by a notary public as
marked below.

Sincerely,

          requester's signature

          requester's printed name

          notary stamp and signature

- --
[email protected]                   | Finger [email protected] for
                                       | a listing of crypto related files
PGP encrypted mail is accepted and     | available on my auto-responder.
preferred.                             | (Yes...the faqs are there!)

E-mail [email protected] for PGP Key or   | "...vidi vici veni" - Overheard
Finger [email protected]     | outside a Roman brothel.
       Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy.
                            -- Charlie McCarthy --