Re: Jude Milhon in WIRED

[email protected] (Timothy C. May) writes:

> > [email protected] says:
> > > WIRED 3.02 (February) interviews Jude Milhon (St. Jude) who "is a charter
> > > member of the cypherpunks - a term that she coined." I didn't even know t
> > > _was_ a charter.
> >
> > Or a Jude Milhon, for that matter. Another example of the continuing
> > decay of a once proud magazine...
>
> I'm not sure what Perry's not having heard of Jude Milhon is supposed
> to mean, or how "Wired" interviewing her is "another example of the
> continuing decay," etc.

I suppose I should have elaborated in my original post. Of course I know
of Jude's role in cypherpunk history; in fact I thought it would interest
cpunks to know that she was interviewed. As for the 'charter' - it was
no doubt WIRED's creative interpretation.

> She's not presently subscribed and hence can't speak up in this
> strange matter of how an interview with her implies a magazine is in
> decay.

Speaking of which, the list membership has hit 640. I'll be posting a
membership profile soon, since it's a year since I saw the one that
got me out of 'lurk mode' when I discovered I was the only cpunk in this
region.

Rishab Aiyer Ghosh                                "In between the breaths is
[email protected]                                  the space where we live"
[email protected]                                        - Lawrence Durrell
Voice/Fax/Data +91 11 6853410
Voicemail +91 11 3760335                 H 34C Saket, New Delhi 110017, INDIA