Re: Lance Rose writes anti-cryptoanarchy in WIRED

[email protected] wrote:

> Sheesh. And here we are, post-BlackNet, discussing untraceable paid-for
> anon-remailers (which exist today on Sameer's c2.org blind server) and
> data havens. I haven't bothered to hunt for Lance's address, which is not
> given, but really I thought someone as prominent a SysLawyer as him would
> be clued in. Nor have I found the time to send WIRED a letter.

First, I want to know how Rishab, in India, gets "Wired" so early (or
why I, right next to Silicon Valley, get it so late). He's mentioned
the February issue twice now, and all I have is the January "White
Album."

Second, I didn't know Lance Rose was a lawyer, or even a "SysLawyer"
(?). When I met him a couple of years ago, he'd just gotten out of
jail and was working for the satellite Usenet distribution company
(whose name I don't recall, and who I've heard less of than I might've
expected to, subjunctively speaking).

In any case, there a zillion odd opinions on the Net of a Million
Lies. Most of them will vanish without a trace. That's comforting.

--Tim May

[email protected]       | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero
                       | knowledge, reputations, information markets,
Cypherpunks list: [email protected] with body message of only:
subscribe cypherpunks. FAQ available at ftp.netcom.com in pub/tc/tcmay