Re: jpunix.com and MX'ing

Eric Hughes says:
> Another way to mask this is to give the remailer its own IP address.
> It's easy to recompile extra slip interfaces into a kernel; each gets
> its own IP address.  Routing the output of the remailer through these
> extra interfaces can require some hackery, though.  I only know about
> this second hand, but evidently the BSDI 1.1 release added some BSD
> 4.4 feature that makes this kind of IP hack much easier.

In 4.4 kernels, you just configure an alias address.

For, say, SunOS 4.1.X, John Ioannidis released a virtual interface
driver; I saw the thing posted to the net recently so I suppose its
public now (though I'm not sure J.I. knew that was going to happen.)
Its not hard to set such things up; no real trickery needed.

Perry