Re: AA + Anonymous ECash = Unhappy Fundies

> > It strikes me that this would be the perfect way to generate
> > consumer interest in anonymous digital cash protocols [. . . .]

> The "cause" will do much better if the first major association is made
> with something much less controversial.  Girl Scout cookies, say.

Girl Scout Cookies do crumble a bit when crammed through the net,
and it's tough to deliver them to anonymous locations, unlike bits.
And there are moral concerns there as well - not only do their
"butter cookies" use non-butter shortening (:-), but there's the
problem that it turns the Girl Scouts into a crass commercial enterprise,
just another division of Nabisco, instead of teaching the kids that
hard work will get them a 7 percent margin on their sales.

On the other hand, being able to have Girl Scout cookies or flowers
sent by anonymous donors may go over well in some circles...

		Bill