Re: LOCKSMITH'S GUILD WANTS L

On Wed, 25 Jan 1995, Charles Bell wrote:
> So....once we get past what seems to be your utter refusal to consider
> the possibility that government could ever do anything right ....how do
> we ensure that those skyscrapers don't fall down on us?  That the surgeon
> who is going to open me up knows something about surgery?  That my money
> is at least somewhat safe in the bank?

Why, we have the credentials and audits of these organizations and
individuals checked by a being of godlike wisdom far superior
to that of us ordinary mortals -- namely that god on earth,
the government.

What makes you assume that guns make people wise and virtuous?

Common sense and casual observation does not support this hypothesis.

I recommend you read the excellent book on free banking
sold by Laissez Faire:  I do not remember their web
site, but I have a pointer to them in my home page. (see sig)

It details the sorry tale of government supervision of banks --
which invariably had the effect of the state governments robbing
the banks, or protecting well connected crooks who robbed the
banks.

We have the right to defend ourselves     |   http://www.catalog.com/jamesd/
and our property, because of the kind     |
of animals that we are. True law          |   James A. Donald
derives from this right, not from the     |
arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.  |   [email protected]