Re: CERT statement

>> What we need to concentrate on is secure systems that are not vulnerable
>> to IP spoofing, as opposed to firewalls.

You're exactly right.  However, getting people to deploy real security
systems is nearly impossible.  My company sells a kerberos system, and
although everyone is saying they want security, nobody really
understands what this means, and as soon as we tell them that it
actually involves effort, they become far less interested.  Even
though I've seen companies get hosed because of lame security, the
people who matter aren't willing to commit.

I'm hoping that as firewalls begin to fall, that the CERT will stop
recommending half-assed solutions.  We'll have to wait and see.

		Marc