Re: Even more unix holy war. Was "Clinton freezes U.S. assets .."

On Fri, 27 Jan 1995, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> In Unix, I can use a single command to delete an entire file tree --
> rm -r. In DOS, I have to delete each directory by hand.

Use the command deltree /y.  Or any of the cool third party
utilities, or the windows file manager which offers a true
hierarchical view unlike the hierarchical view offered by
the sun OS file manager.

> DOS doesn't even have a make utility -- perhaps you should do without
> using make ever again, as DOS is obviously superior.

I wonder how I have been compiling my files all these years.

I use make and nmake to do any non procedural task in DOS that
involves file dates and file existence, not just to compile files.

We have the right to defend ourselves     |   http://www.catalog.com/jamesd/
and our property, because of the kind     |
of animals that we are. True law          |   James A. Donald
derives from this right, not from the     |
arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.  |   [email protected]