Re: alt.religion.your.operating.system.sucks

At 9:39 PM 1/29/95, [email protected] wrote:

>Some people on this list swear they never have to drop to a command
>line with the cool tools they use with their SLIP accounts (except to
>change their password).  If that's true, then any "advantage" unix has
>is washed away.  How will the unix market grow (relative to other more
>popular OS's) if internet access tools run the same on Windows and
>OS/2 and Mac's as they do on unix?

It is true, I swear <g>

I am a Mac person. UNIX is pretty far from the Mac OS. Nonetheless, I am
about to buy a cheap 486 (any recomendations?) on which I will install
FreeBSD to run an Internet server. Once Apple will officially relase their
dirt cheap multi-processor servers that run A/UX only, I'll probably buy
one of those. Why am I getting a UNIX machine? Because there is nothing out
there in world of operating systems that does the job as well as UNIX when
it comes to networking.

-- Lucky Green <[email protected]>
   PGP encrypted mail preferred.