Re: hacker search

On Fri, 27 Jan 1995, beacher wrote:

> Cunningham said Mitnick is a ham radio enthusiast and is believed to use a
> scanner to keep track of police in the area where he is hiding.

I do hope that he was called an Amateur ("ham") because he really is
one (and what is the relevance?), and not because he happened to have
a scanner...

There's been lots of media reports equating scanner-listeners with
Amateur radio enthusiasts (and the media wonder why they are despised).

--
Dave Horsfall (VK2KFU) | [email protected] | VK2KFU @ VK2AAB.NSW.AUS.OC | PGP 2.6
Opinions expressed are mine. | E7 FE 97 88 E5 02 3C AE  9C 8C 54 5B 9A D4 A0 CD