Re: Don't trust the net too much

Adam Shostack writes:
> 	More specifically, few items sensitive electronic items are
> hardened against electromagnetic pulses.  Ever see a speaker interfere
> with your TV set?

Thats because electrons flying along long free paths in the vacuum of
your picture tube are easy to move off of path. However, I'll point
out that magnetic fields are always generated by dipoles and fall off
very fast with time. I'll also point out that you'd need a damn
powerful field to do the following:

> Build a big enough speaker, and you can screw with your computers
> memory.

I'd have to hear very, very powerful evidence that this was possible,
especially at a distance.

Perry