Re: Fight, or Roll Over?

On Thu, 13 Jul 1995, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Anyone who is saying that it is impossible to fight the legislative
> battles hasn't been thinking. It takes millions of dollars,  but there
> is a lot of money out there to be had in my opinion.

Nobody's saying it's impossible, what we're saying is that we don't have
the resources to DO that on the scale that is needed.  Maybe Microsoft
does, but we don't.  What we can do, however, is to shape the culture of
the net.  That culture will have to eventually be listened to by DC.

____        Robert A. Hayden      <=> Cthulhu Matata
 \/  /  Finger for Geek Code Info <=> [email protected]
   \/   Finger for PGP Public Key <=> http://att2.cs.mankato.msus.edu/~hayden