Re: def'n of "computer network"

rick hoselton writes:
> Perry, I don't understand.  If the least significant bits in my gif file
> follow all the "known statistical distributions", how can anyone know
> whether they are "just noise" or are an encrypted message,

Indeed -- how could the recipient even know to look, unless these
things arrived regularly and with a fully standardized form of
stegonography, in which case why bother, all you've done is come up
with a very odd form of transfer encoding.

If the recipient does know to look, that implies either that there is
a hint, in which case the stegonography is useless, or it implies that
you have prearrangement, in which case my comments on prearrangement
hold.

.pm