POX_usg

   7-15-95. NYPaper Page Oners:

   "Director of F.B.I. Demotes Deputy: No. 2 Man's Ouster Is
   Tied to Inquiry on Idaho Siege."

      F.B.I. Director Louis J. Freeh today demoted the
      bureau's Deputy Director, Larry A. Potts, citing the
      turmoil created by an internal investigation into the
      destruction of documents relating to the conduct of Mr.
      Potts and other senior F.B.I. officials in a deadly 1992
      standoff with a white separatist in Idaho.     SAV_ass

   "B-2, After 14 Years, Is Still Failing Basic Tests."

      The $44 billion B-2 bomber has radar that cannot
      distinguish a raincloud from a mountainside, has not
      passed most of its basic tests and may not be nearly as
      stealthy as advertised, according to a draft report by
      the General Accounting Office. It was provided to The
      New York Times by a Government official skeptical of the
      bomber's capabilities who sought to bring into the
      debate the report's examples of the B-2's inability to
      pass performance hurdles.                      YB2_gud

   2n1: POX_usg