Re: Is it legal for commercial companies to use PGP?

> Rick Busdiecker <[email protected]> writes:
>   From: "Jim Grubs, W8GRT" <[email protected]>

>   In practice, I'd probably buy Viacrypt for legal reasons but use
>   PGP anyway.

>I'd be interesting in hearing some of the lawyers out there comment on
>this.

Does RSADSI count as having lawyers?  So far as I know they have not
commented in public about whether the ViaCrypt license is valid, but
they have also not (to my knowledge) contested it.  However, Jim Bidzos
has explicitly said that it is not acceptable to buy a ViaCrypt license
to cover your use of non-ViaCrypt PGP.

	Jim Gillogly
	Hevensday, 25 Afterlithe S.R. 1995, 23:53