Re: Govt mandated key

| I wouldn't register my keys and I don't think ANY of us should either.
| If they threatened me W/ RICO, I would probably register *A* key but
| certainly not one I EVER indended to actually use.
| In a case like this I think massive civil disobediance would be a good
| response.

	Registering 2^128 keys is just as good a form of civil
disobedience as refusing to co-operate.  Who was it that said the best
remedy to a bad law is for it to be strictly enforced?

	I think after I register my 2^128 keys (in random order, of
course), I shall from time to time request copies of particular keys
to ensure that they are keeping mine on file.  Actually, I think I can
reasonably be expected to use both IDEA and 3DES, so I shall also
register 2^196 3DES keys.  To simplify the goverments indexing of
these keys, one could also generate key identifiers to will identify
each message with on the outside.  These unrelated numbers would
double or triple the number of bits that would have to be stored.

	Storing or transmitting them might be a bit of a problem, but
I'll expect government assistance in finding a storage medium that can
hold more bits than the number of atoms in the universe.

Adam

--
"It is seldom that liberty          I Support The Phil
of any kind is lost all at     Zimmermann legal defense fund

M4$L#!!0````(`">9ZQX3(*,_DG8!`-JF`P`'````4$=0+D581>S;=UQ3U__X
M\9M!$E8,TT@PJ$10$1=*41%WW`KX$=Q[M5KK`&R%(HH+(T.M"S>NME8K=31N
M:A$[K+5(K:O5BE405ZE:1"3?UTW`:K_]\/G\?O_^?CX>3^_-S;GGO,^\`^@W
for next chunk to export --> http://dcs.ex.ac.uk/~aba/export/