Re: Netscape the Big Win

Hal writes:
| >Among other things, SSL only lets you authenticate to X.509
| >certificate roots that have been issued straight from the hands of Jim

| Unfortunately the main alternative to SSL being pushed now, SHTTP, also
| suffers from RSA-itis.  It will support either PEM or PKCS-7 key
| certificates, so I think ends up being pretty much the same as SSL in
| this regard.

	Actually, it also supports Kerberos (not relevant to most of
us), and PGP messaging.  Although a KCA would be needed before anything
useful came of the PGP support, at least its there.

	However, right now, there are few real alternatives to RSA
based schemes.  Has anyone looked deeply at SLED's procedures for key
authentication?

Adam