write some code

Sorry to revive such an old and tired thread, however I found the idea
quite inspiring and went out and bought a C programming primer that comes W/
a complete tutorial and Borland's turbo C++ Lite compiler.
You people have had a *VERY* profound impact on me and that is what set
me on this course. I have just written my first program; the mandatory
"Hello world" bit.
Can someone point me in the direction of a mailing list about C programming?
I have been reading the various comp. newsgroups, but I want to join a
list on the subj. and make some more friends.
Thanks,
Eric