Re: Java, Netscape, OpenDoc, and Babel

Ray Cromwell writes:
>   Security is very nice to have. it's nice to rely on. But sometimes
> there's a need for some liberty. Make everything as secure as you
> can, but if security prevents you from doing something that you want
> to do, it's not helping you.

Yes it is.

I know lots of users that would like to do certain dangerous things,
but they are better off not being able to do them because if they
could very likely the security problems would mean in six weeks their
company would be bankrupt and they wouldn't have a job.

Not all cool things are desirable things.

I suspect that the java-like methodology of downloading small apps to
users can be done securely, but the java model doesn't feel like the
right way to do it, at least to me.

Perry