Re: EU Data Protection

> Date:          Thu, 03 Aug 1995 13:25:25 -0400
> To:            [email protected]
> From:          Duncan Frissell <[email protected]>
> Subject:       EU Data Protection

> Could I bother the members of this list with a request that anyone who has a
> copy of (this week's or a recent) Computerworld, look and see if I'm quoted
> in an article by Mitch Betts on the European Union's humorous decree on
> Euro-wide data protection.  I was interviewed last Thursday.  The decree
> (July 24th) threatens to cut off data flows to any nation that doesn't adopt
> Eurosclerotic data protection standards.

Excuse me - what the f**k is this?  Does it bear some truth in it
or is it just a bad joke? If it is not a joke where to get the damn
text - thanks. Sorry for the language but this does  sound just
the thing I have heard some rumours of and which certainly
would result in banning strong crypto.

Regards
Kari

Kari Laine          [email protected]
LAN Vision Oy       Tel. +358-0-502 1947
Sinikalliontie 14   Fax  +358-0-524 149
02630 ESPOO         BBS  +358-0-502 1576/1456
FINLAND