Re: "S1" encryption system

On Thu, 10 Aug 1995, Bill Sommerfeld wrote:

> It looks very much like the sort of typo you would get from a
> mistranslation from assembly language if the target architecture had a
> *4-bit* processor. (This is also consistant with the "<<4"'s which
> show up in several places in the code).

I'll back up the disassembly theory.  I've done it myself once when I
lost some of my own source code from years previous and had to get out
the dissassembler.  Very painful work which resulted in a first set of
source much like the "S1" sample posted here.  Only difference was that I
went back over the "first draft" after verifying it and cleaned it up
somewhat.

The poster either does not know 'C' or thinks that a cleanup will reveal
his/her style.

- Andy

| Andrew Brown  Internet <[email protected]>  Telephone +44 115 952 0585    |
| PGP (2048/9611055D): 69 AA EF 72 80 7A 63 3A  C0 1F 9F 66 64 02 4C 88   |