Re: More "S-1" foolishness

The other thing I noticed that really makes me question this is that G1
only uses 4 of its 8 input bits.  As I wrote, it is equivalent to
parity(i&0x17).  A bit is a terrible thing to waste, and it is hard to
imagine why it would do this intentionally.  G1 may not be that important
an element of the cipher but why throw away four bits?

It is possible I suppose that the F and G boxes are not the ones used
in the "real" version of whatever cipher this is, so this apparent
weakness and the ones which Matt has pointed out may not be that
significant.

Hal