Re: PRZ encrypted voice software release imminent

At 10:59 8/11/95, Vladimir Z. Nuri wrote:

>the real holy grail for voice communication encryption is
>when this stuff starts to get integrated into the real
>phone system, or people start making hardware that is
>cheap and self contained and idiot proof. "but it's difficult
>to make anything foolproof, because fools are so ingenious" <g>
[...]
>when someone invents cheap hardware that you can just plug
>on top of any existing phone, i.e. "the phone adaptor", TPA?,
>*that's* when the world is going to go crazy with crypto.
>all this stuff that requires lots of hardware can be used,
>but the thing that will cause *everyone* to use it is when
>someone invents a TPA. I'm very, very surprised that no
>one has tried to do this yet.

As some of you know, I work for a LAN-Telephony company. One of our
products is a hardware based computer telephony product that we will be
able to provide at less than $100 per node. The product contains a CPU as
well as a DSP and is ideally suited for voice transmission with encryption
over networks.

We inted to make this product fully interoperate with software based
PGPFone implementations and also lending our computer telephony experience
to the PGPFone development team. This cooperation will provide hundreds of
thousands of corporate users with PGPFone compatible, rock solid, call
security at a fraction of the cost of today's "secure" phones. Our
expertise will also help improve the performance of the software based
freeware PGPFone implementations.

Sorry, I am unable to provide more details at this point.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:[email protected]>
   PGP encrypted mail preferred.