PERRY-GRAMS (Does Perry speak for Cypherpunks?)

                      PERRY-GRAMS
            (Does Perry speak for Cypherpunks?)

   I have a solution to the Perry off-topic problem: PERRY-GRAMS.

   I got this idea from the following text of Tim May's:.

----------------- start Tim May text ---------------------------------
Perry is Perry. He has certainly written his share of rants and "off-topic"
posts, as have we all. Literally thousands of his posts over the past 3
years reside on my disk drives, and certainly until recently most of them
were not about writing code.
--------------------end Tim May text ---------------------------------

   Firstly, what is a Perry-Gram?

1. Find a long Cypherpunk post by Perry that is in your opinion,
     "off-topic". Keep the header.

2. Add the full post of Perry's "Ciphergroupies" post which I have
   thoughtfully included at the end of this post. Include header.

3. Add text asking Perry to defend his off-topic post as appropriate to
     Cypherpunks.

   For true effectiveness, you really need to post several Perry-Grams
 per provocation.

   To be really effective, Cypherpunk "Ciphergroupies" will need to
do a little networking. Most don't have much in the way of Cypherpunk
archives - but some do. If you want to make some Perry-Grams but lack
the archives, then post a call to Cypherpunks to have someone with
archives to send you as many long, "off-topic" posts by Perry as they
can. With a little cooperation, we can build up a data base of Perry
"off-topic" posts. Unfortunately, my Cypherpunk archives were lost,
so I won't be much help. - I am at a loss for Perry's words. However,
a lot of Cypherpunks keep lots of old posts. I am willing to store at
least one 1.44 meg diskette of Perry-Grams in compressed .zip format.
Trade them like baseball cards. Of course, with computers, that's
sharing :-).

   If you're having problems getting people with archives to help you,
then contact Tim May. I suspect that Tim (Bless his Generosity) will be
willing to dig up some potential Perry-Grams material for you.

   Treasure your Perry-Grams. They are not merely for the current Perry
threads. If you save them, then you can whip them out in the future when
Perry does more of his nasty, hateful "off-topic" attacks. I recommend
Perry-Gram diskettes. I think this is the best way to bell the Perry-
cat. Let Perry deny his own words! :-) :-) :-)

Crypto relevance: Cypherpunks cannot be well described as just a list for
techno freaks who love Crypto. I believe that most of the heavy crypto
coders & theorists would be just as happy to be working on AI, linkers,
natural language parsers, etc.. - were it not for POLITICAL CONSID-
ERATIONS! I think most of the active people on Cypherpunks despise
central political control & are active in order to stop it. Cypherpunks
is motivationally driven by this political consideration. Perry did not
spend $50k & "spend months of [his] life struggling to..." just because
he thinks that computer crypto is "RAD KOOL".

   Then why drive out our polemists & our conspiracy buffs? Conspiracy
theory is the theory of the working of states by non-establishment
writers. Our political writers are "crying fire" when "danger of
fire" is evident to them. They MUST give out the alarm. Most people
are ignorant of the degree of danger that we are in from the power-
mad illigitmate United States "Federal" State. Thank God for
"extremist right-wing kooks" who do conspiracy writing. They may yet
save us from establishment "left-wing Liberal kooks" who seem desperate
to bankrupt us & turn America into a police state. Not that the
Republicans are much better. They seem to be on a mission to cut
Democratic spending by 5%. -  As the Russians say "Prophylactic
politics." - When there is public discontent with the elite's policies,
give the people an insincere group of politicians to cater to the public's
grievances.

-------- start of Perry E. Metzger "Ciphergroupie" post ----------