Re: Certificates/Anonymity/Policy/True Names

But this is precisely the issue: what does the *certificate* get any of
these people that a simple digital signature does not provide?

On Sat, 19 Aug 1995, Rich Salz wrote:

> I think there are many people who might be willing to use an
> "anon CA" should it exist:
> 	Whistleblowers, perhaps Deep Throat would have used email
> 	People writing letters to the editor who don't want to trust
> 		the editor to withhold their info
> 	People who desire anonymyity yet don't want to trust the gov't
> 		to certify their communications as authentic/forged
> 		(Unabomber, Om Shin-rkyo)
> 	Any number of writers who have used psuedonyms and now want to
> 		get paid in ecash; Mark Twain?

A. Michael Froomkin        | +1 (305) 284-4285; +1 (305) 284-6506 (fax)
Associate Professor of Law | [email protected]
U. Miami School of Law     |
P.O. Box 248087            | It's hot here.  And humid.
Coral Gables, FL 33124 USA |
See http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/6095/articles/froomkin-metaphor/text.html
and http://www.law.cornell.edu/jol/froomkin.htm