Re: (Fwd) 1995 Nanotechnology Conference

At 11:00 AM 8/21/95 -0800, J. Kent Hastings wrote:
>Doesn't quantum coherence require molecular precision if it
>is to work on 1024 bit PGP keys? If it works, such keys can
>be instantly factorized. It would be nice to follow that progress.

It requires molecular precision if it is to work on anything
interesting:  Cracking 1024 bit keys is a long way down the
road.

Long, long, before quantum computers crack 1024 bit keys, many
technological changes will radically and fundamentally change
human existence.

Quantum computers have many potentials far more imminent and
exciting than breaking PGP keys.  (Not that they are all that
imminent.)

Long, long, before quantum computers crack 1024 bit keys, quantum
cryptography will become useful and routine.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   [email protected]