Re: Brute SSL Challenge

> Hopefully everyone on here is accomplished enough to know
> optimizing the brutessl code helps immensely.  If not, well I used
>
> gcc -O6 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -finline-functions -c search.c
> gcc -O6 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -finline-functions -o brutessl \
>                      brutessl.c search.o
>
> To go from 5,000 keys per second to 10,100 keys per second.

If people could send me timings for various compilers / flags I'll collate a
table of speeds [see brutessl.h 1.02 for an example -- I tried using different
sizes for the RC4 info and it appears that only ALPHAs really gain by using int]

I recommend that you do not blindly use the above flags -- I just tried it on
our fastest machines (SGIs) and it *REDUCED* the speed from 35200 to 28400.