Re: proliferation of voicesystems

Tatu Ylonen writes:
> >   It's really great that there are all these voice transmission/encryption
> > programs out there, the problem is, none of them will talk to each other.
>
> Maybe someone could start writing an internet draft about "encrypted
> voice transmission on the internet".

Well, we already have standards for how to send audio in general over
the internet (the RTP standards that are used in the MBONE among other
places.) Presumably if you take IPSEC and cross it with RTP...

The real issue to me is setting such things up so that they work
nicely even on point to point modem connections without too much
protocol overhead.

> I think it would be a good idea to set up a mailing list for this.

Probably...

Perry