Re: proliferation of voicesystems

At 15:38 8/27/95, Thomas Grant Edwards wrote:
>On Sun, 27 Aug 1995, Tatu Ylonen wrote:
>
>> Maybe someone could start writing an internet draft about "encrypted
>> voice transmission on the internet".  It should address several
>> issues:
>>   - compression methods, sampling rate differencies, encoding methods
>
>BTW - does anyone actually know what the voice compression is in
>PGPfone?

GSM lite and I think CELP. PGPFone has some serious problems with the
variable latencies of real life connections. These problems will not go
away until PGPFone makes the shift to APIs that are designed to deal with
such problems, such as QuickTime conferencing. I hope PRZ will realize
this.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:[email protected]>
   PGP encrypted mail preferred.