Re: Joel's RSA-t's

[email protected] enscribed thusly:

> > On Josh Osborne's RSA-perl T-shirt venture,
> >
> > I don't know about the rest of you, but I didn't realise from Joel's
> > last post to the list that he was taking orders for then.  I guess
> > that's as close to an announcement as he's going to make.  I just
> > checked his netstuff web page, and he's taking orders now!
> >
> > Check out:
> >
> > 	http://www.danger.com/ad-perl.html
> >
> > (this is referenced from Joel's netstuff page under currently
> > available items:
> >
> > 	http://www.danger.com/netstuff.html
> > )
> >
> > From the Joel's web page:
> >
> > > DEADLINE TO ORDER: All orders for these shirts must be postmarked by
> > > June 1, 1995.
> >
> > Also my page on perl-rsa is:
> >
> > 	http://dcs.ex.ac.uk/~aba/perl-rsa.html
> >
> > I'll be away from my mail for the rest of this week, so maybe someone
> > can post this info to all the crypto groups...

> Has anyone received a shirt from Joel?  Or is he ripping people off?

> Many thanks,

	Don't know about Joel.  Might have heard one complaint over on
alt.security.pgp a month or so ago.  I just got 7 perl-rsa T-Shirts
from "wepinsto" (http://colossus.net/wepinsto/).  These were for myself,
my youngest son (16), my brother, and four friends who asked me to
order for them.  They look great!  Almost as great as the looks you
GET when people see them wondering "what the *&*r!".

	I just have one problem though...  If these things are classified
as a "munition" aka a "weapon" by da fed's how does that affect us down
here in good old Georgia where our legislature has passed a law making
it a crime to be in posession of a weapon anywhere within a hundred yards
or so of school property.  This is rather relevant for my teenager!
The school councilers looked real confused and said "Dah...  We don't
know!"  I'm suppose to talk to the man "in charge of discipline" for an
opinion on this.  As I told someone else on another mailing list, this
sounds REAL stupid but all it takes is one idiot (and we have a plentiful
supply of idiots down here in Georgia) with a wild hair and students
get expelled for silverware sitting on a car seat, tools such as tire
irons (no they weren't threating someone with one), or cultural and
cerimonial artifacts.

	Mike
--
 Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  [email protected]
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (770) 925-8248   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/