Re: O.J. ObCrypto: Fuhrman's Folly Fans Fakery Fears...

At 11:50 PM 8/30/95 -0500, you wrote:
> In =any= Key Escrow arrangement (including the non-government variety
> preferred by 4 out of 5 Cypherpunks in a recent survey)
> there must be a division between encryption keys and signature keys.
> Please don't mention to anyone the fact that my signature key can be
> used to send me something that even the escrow agents can't read....

Only if you use RSA.  One of the neat things about RSA, as opposed to DH or
DSA/DSS, is that the same algorithm can do both signature and encryption.

Once we all have our Gummint-issue Citizen-Unit SmartCards with the
Web-Of-Mistrust Hierarchical Certification System,
people won't be able to use the DSS feature to send you encrypted messages
        <fnord>Pay no attention to that man behind the subliminal
channel!</fnord>
but you can still use them for signatures, including checking escrow agency
signatures on your privacy key.
#---
#                                Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, Freelance Information Architect, [email protected]
# Phone +1-510-247-0664 Pager/Voicemail 1-408-787-1281
#---