Re: CIA & Espionage

> >It was said that Pres. Clinton had given a speech while
> >visiting the  CIA HQ in Langley/Virginia. He allegedly
> >said in this speech that obtaining  industrial
> >informations has the highest priority and this were the
> >new  task for the spies.

There was a fairly large article about this in Helsingin Sanomat, the
largest newspaper in Finland, some weeks ago.  It was quoted as being
originally from the New York Times.  (I have the clip saved at home
and can check the date if anyone is interested.)

I do find it rather shocking that the most powerful country in the
world sets industrial espionage as the primary task of their
intelligence services.

Now talking about those crypto restrictions worldwide and the real
reasons why the United States is driving them...

    Tatu Ylonen <[email protected]>

--
International Cryptography Pages - check http://www.cs.hut.fi/ssh/crypto