Seattle area Cypherpunks

With the Labor Day weekend/vacation season almost over and a variety of projects completed, I'm going to attempt to jump-start Cypherpunk activities in the Seattle area (the Seattle Cypherpunks sub-list appears to have withered away, so delete this if you're outside the Pacific Northwest).

The first order of business is to get an idea of how many people would be interested in meeting some evening, likely toward the end of September.  Send me e-mail (please don't reply to the list) with a time and geographic preference as to location.  I'm on the Eastside, so will be slightly biased in finding an appropriate meeting place in the Bellevue/Redmond area, unless persuaded otherwise.

Also, let me know if you're interested in discussing (or presenting) any specific crypto/privacy/ecash-related topics in a very informal setting.  Aside from key signing and general face-to-face networking, I would like to have a few set items on the agenda.  Any suggestions welcomed.

Based on your responses, I'll do all of the running around and organizational type activities, and follow-up with e-mail and a general announcement to the main list when arrangements are finalized.

This is an opportunity to get away from your keyboards and meet other folks who share your interests.  Hope to see you later this month.

Joel McNamara
[email protected] - http://www.eskimo.com/~joelm for PGP key
Thomas Jefferson used strong crypto, shouldn't you?