Re: response (fwd)

    [The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set]

>> What we need is for Fred to send to you a copy of the
>> program in electronic form (I'm waiting for the too -- then I can
>> highlight the important sessions for you.

ANNOUNCING:

The Second Annual . . .

	WORLDWIDE ELECTRONIC COMMERCE
	Law, Policy, Security &
	Controls Conference

   October 18-20, 1995
   At the Hyatt Regency Bethesda

   Phone: (214) 516-4900

The Second Annual WorldWide Electronic Commerce; Law, Policy,
Security and Controls conference is fast approaching. This
important event will feature the world's foremost experts
addressing the most important issues of implementation and
control related to secure electronic commerce. It will
focus on current problems and provide a foundation for dealing
with the emerging problems that promise to make the future
more complex. We have been fortunate in securing a faculty
that is unusually qualified and internationally recognized
who will share their experience, knowledge and theories on
the wide range of issues being addressed by this program.
We are equally pleased to have obtained affiliation for
this conference of a number of prestigious and influentual
organizations.

Please join us and your colleagues at this unique event!

   Michael S. Baum, J.D., M.B.A. Conference Chair

Provided in Affiliation with:
* American Bar Association
  Section of Science and Technology
  Information Security Committee

* University of London
  Queen Mary & Westfield College
  Centre for Commercial Law Studies

* EDI Association of the United Kingdom

* Harvard Law School

* Internation Union of Latin Notaries

* International Chamber of Commerce, Paris

* National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)

* Software Publishers Association

* United Nations
  Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL)

* U.S. Council of International Business

Keynote Speaker:
----------------
   Dr. Vinton G. Cerf, Ph.D.
   Senior Vice President
   MCI Telecommunications Corp.

CONFERENCE PROGRAM ...at a glance

  GENERAL SCHEDULE
    Wednesday, October 19, 1995  6:00pm - 7:30pm
    SECURE ELECTRONIC COMMERCE FOR THE BEGINNER

    Thursday, October 20, 1995
      8:00am - 9:00am	Welcome & Keynote Speech
      9:00am - 5:50pm	Sessions 1 - 5

    Friday, October 21, 1995
      8:00am - 4:50pm	Sessions 6 - 10

TRACK - A
AGREEMENTS, LEGISLATION, POLICY AND REGULATION
Session 1
So Who's in Charge, Anyway?
The Impact of National & Int'l Leadership & Initiatives in Secure EC
   SPEAKERS:
     Harold S Burman, Esq., Office of the Legal Advisor
     Sally  Katzen, Office of Management and Budget
     Bruce  McConnell, Office of Management & Budget
     Renaud  Sorieul, Esq., UNCITRAL

Session 2
Drafting Agreements for Secure Electronic Commerce
   SPEAKERS:
     Michael S Baum, Esq., Independent Monitoring
     Thomas J Smedinghoff, Esq., McBride Baker & Coles
     Joe  Wackerman, Esq., United States Postal Service

Session 3
Are Privacy Requirements Inhibiting Electronic Commerce?
   SPEAKERS:
     Kenneth C Bass III, Esq., Venable, Baetjer, Howard & Civiletti
     Prof. George  Trubow, The John Marshall Law School
     Ian  Walden, Ph.D., Commission of the European Communities

Session 4
Alternative Methods of Signing:
Legal Aspects of the IRS's July 1995 Regulation
   SPEAKERS:
     Tom  Baker, Esq.,Internal Revenue Service
     Lynn  Casimir, Esq., Internal Revenue Service
     Celia  Gabrysh, Esq., Internal Revenue Service

Session 5
Digital Signature Legislation and Electronic Commerce
   SPEAKERS:
     Alan  Asay, Esq., Utah Department of Commerce
     Kirk W Dillard, Esq., State Senator, State of Illinois
     Dean  Sutherland, State Senator, Washinton State
     William E. Wyrough, Jr., J.D., M.B.A., Florida Legislature

Session 6
The Legal Status and Effect of Digital Signatures - Perspectives
   SPEAKERS:
     Prof. Mads  Andersen, University of Copenhagen
     Mario  Miccoli, International Union of Latin Notaries

Session 7
On-Line Registration vs. In-Person Registration:
What Satisfies Business and Legal Requirements?
   SPEAKERS:
     Phillip  Hallam-Baker, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
     Jeff  Treuhaft, Netscape Communications Corporation
     Peter  Williams, Verisign

Session 8
Antitrust in Electronic Commerce:
Shopping, Payments & Certification Authorities
   SPEAKERS:
     Prof. Mads  Andersen, University of Copenhagen
     John  Greanley, Esq., US Department of Justice, Antitrust Division

Session 9
Proving Secure Computer-Based Transactions: Evidence Revisited
   SPEAKERS:
     Margaret A Berger, Brooklyn Law School
     Charles  Nesson, Harvard Law School
     Ian  Walden, Ph.D., Commission of the European Communities

Session 10
Third Party Service Providers & Certification Authorities-Can They
Successfully Limit their Liabilty
   SPEAKERS:
     Bruce  Hunter, Esq., General Electric Information Services
     Ellen  Kirsh, Esq., America On Line
     Renaud  Sorieul, Esq., UNCITRAL

--------------------
TRACK - B
INFORMATION SECURITY
--------------------
Session 1
Requirements for Implementing Reasonable Security Procedures
   SPEAKERS:
     Robert  Daniels, Esq., U.S. Social Security Administation
     Dain  Gary, Morgan Stanley
     Allan M Shiffman, Terisa Systems, Inc.

Session 2
Information Security Standards: Policy, Coordination & Interoperability
   SPEAKERS:
     Marty  Ferris, US Department of Treasury
     Hoyt  Kesterson II, Bull Worldwide Information Systems
     Peter  Landrock, Ph.D., CRYPTOMATHIC
     David  Solo, Bolt, Beranek and Newman

Session 3
Who's Really on the Other End:
Identification Technologies and Nonrepudiation
   SPEAKERS:
     Benjamin  Miller, Personal Identification News
     John E Siedlarz, IriScan, Inc.
     William  Sweet, National Semiconductor

Session 4
Security and Security Policy in Internet-based Payments Systems
   SPEAKERS:
     Marty  Ferris, US Department of Treasury
     Tim  Jones, Mondex
     Anne  Wallace, US Department of Treasury

Session 5
When You Forget Your PIN or Die: Key Escrow in Secure Electronic Commerce
   SPEAKERS:
     Prof. Michael  Froomkin, University of Miami School of Law
     Jeff  Greiveldinger, US Department of Justice, Criminal Div.
     Frank W Sudia, Bankers Trust Company

Session 6
Comparing Critical Cryptographic Algorithms, Protocols,
and Standards to Enable Secure Electronic Commerce
   SPEAKERS:
     Peter  Landrock, Ph.D., CRYPTOMATHIC
     Ron  Rivest, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
     Miles E Smid, National Institute of Standards & Tech.

Session 7
Export Controls & Transborder Data Flows:
Is Secure Electronic Commerce in Jeopardy?
   SPEAKERS:
     James  Bidzos, RSA Data Security
     Renee H Danckwerth, Export Consultant

Session 8
'Certificates-R-US':
Trust Models and the Developing Secure Information Infrastructure
   SPEAKERS:
     Warwick  Ford, Bell-Northern Research
     Sead  Muftic, COST Computer Security Technologies
     Peter  Williams, Verisign

Session 9
Professional Accreditation and Certification -
The New Frontier in 'Remote Trust'
   SPEAKERS:
     Richard C Koenig, Int'l Info. Sys. Security Cert. Consort.
     Alan M Schwartz, Esq., American Bar Association

Session 10
Looking into the Crystal Ball: Certificates Revisited
   SPEAKERS:
     Web  Augustine, VeriSign, Inc.
     Warwick  Ford, Bell-Northern Research
     Hoyt  Kesterson II, Bull Worldwide Information Systems

TRACK - C
LEGAL ASPECTS OF SECURE ELECTRONIC COMMERCE
Session 1
Do Criminal Laws Really Protect Electronic Commerce?
   SPEAKERS:
     Scott  Charney, Esq., US Department of Justice
     William J Cook, Brinks, et al.
     Richard A Ress, Federal Bureau of Investigation

Session 2
Who Owns the Information, Standards, Certificates and Cryptographic Keys?
   SPEAKERS:
     Peter  Harter, National Public Telecomputing Network
     David W Maher, Esq., Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal
     James  Powers, Esq., Shulman, Rogers et. al

Session 3
Consumers on the Net - Fairness, Conspicuousness, Notice, and Reliance
   SPEAKERS:
     Nessa Eileen Feddis, Esq., Government Relations/Retail Banking
     Ray  Nimmer, Esq., Weil, Gotshal & Manges

Session 4
Electronic Licensing and Distribution of Digital Content:
Downloading for Liability?
   SPEAKERS:
     James C McKay, Jr., Office of the Corporation Counsel, D.C.
     Thomas J Smedinghoff, Esq., McBride Baker & Coles
     Mark  Traphagen, Software Publishers Association.

Session 5
Insuring Electronic Commerce Transactions and Infrastructure
   SPEAKERS:
     Andrew  Cockrane, Alexander & Alexander
     Norman R Nelson, New York Clearing House Association

Session 6
Auditing a Third Party/Value Added Network or
Certification Authority (and Its Implications)
   SPEAKERS:
     Charles H LeGrand, CIA, Institute of Internal Auditors
     John  Stelzer, COMMERCE:Institute

Session 7
Electronic Recordkeeping -
What to Save, When and How to Save It, and for How Long
   SPEAKERS:
     Lynn  Casimir, Esq., Internal Revenue Service
     Celia  Gabrysh, Esq., Internal Revenue Service
     Claude  Perreault, Chambre des notaires du Quebec

Session 8
Disaster and Contingency Planning Services: What is Needed for EC and
Certification Authorities
   SPEAKERS:
     Dain Gary, Morgan Stanley
     Ake Nilson, Marinade Limited
     Helena  Roine-Taylor, The Finnish Data Communication Assoc. FINPRO
     David Solo, Bolt, Beranek and Newman

Session 9
General Counsel's Forum on Computer-Based Trade
   SPEAKERS:
     Robert W Barger, Esq., AT&T
     Bruce  Hunter, Esq., General Electric Information Services
     Ellen  Kirsh, Esq., America On Line

Session 10
An Audit Model for Your Electronic Commerce Infrastructure
   SPEAKERS:
     Gerald R Bielfeldt, NationsBank
     Phillip  Oddo, Ciba-Geigy
     Horton  Sorkin, Ph.D., Howard University

------------------------------
TRACK - D
INFRASTRUCTURAL CONSIDERATIONS
------------------------------
Session 1
Securely Shopping on the Web: New Paradigms, Protocols and Opportunities
   SPEAKERS:
     Jeff Hilt, VISA International
     Todd Ostrander, Egghead Software

Session 2
What can Trusted Third Parties and Certification
Authorities Learn from the Financial Clearinghouses
   SPEAKERS:
     Carol  Barrett, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
     Bill  Nelson, National Automated Clearinghouse Associa
     Norman R Nelson, New York Clearing House Association

Session 3
Electronically 'Gluing' Computer-based Records
   SPEAKERS:
     Phillip  Hallam-Baker, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
     Allan M Shiffman, Terisa Systems, Inc.

Session 4
Global Registries for Secure Electronic Commerce
   SPEAKERS:
     Jonathan Allen, Barum Computer Consultants
     Michel Peereman, Federation Nationale des Chambres
     Peter Robinson, US Council for International Business

Session 5
Computer-based Negotiability: What is Needed to Make it Work
   SPEAKERS:
     Harold S Burman, Esq., Office of the Legal Advisor
     James E Byrne, James Mason University Law School
     Ake Nilson, Marinade Limited

Session 6
Time/Date Stamping of Digital Information: Necessities & Options
   SPEAKERS:
     Richard  Rothwell, United States Postal Service
     Scott  Stornetta, Surety Technologies, Inc.

Session 7
Will Healthcare-related Electronic Commerce
Require Special Controls and Secure Infrastructures?
   SPEAKERS:
     Kathleen  Frawley, J.D., M.S., R.R.A, AHIMA
     Daniel J O'Shea, National Computer Claims Service

Session 8
The Role of Notaries in Securing Computer-Based Commerce: the CyberNotary(sm)
   SPEAKERS:
     Theodore S Barassi, Esq., US Council for International Business
     Mario Miccoli, International Union of Latin Notaries

Session 9
Electronic Cash and Novel Electronic Commerce Payments Systems
   SPEAKERS:
     Nessa Eileen Feddis, Esq., Government Relations/Retail Banking
     Ron Rivest, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
     Marvin Sirbu, Carnegie-Mellon University

Session 10
Why does Everyone Want to be a Trusted Third
Party/Certification Authority (at Least Initially)?
   SPEAKERS:
     Sead  Muftic, COST Computer Security Technologies
     Stratton D Sclavos, VeriSign, Inc.

TO REGISTER:
-------------

Price: $550.00 (U.S.)

Name:
Title:
First Name for Badge:
Company/Organization:
Address:
City/State/Prov/Zip/Postal code:
Country:
Telephone:
Fax:
E-Mail:

Check One:
==========
[ ] I am Mailing a check in the amount of $______
[ ] I wish to charge this to a credit card (fax or mail only)
     [ ] American Express
     [ ] Visa
     [ ] MasterCard

     Card Number:
     Expiration Date:
     Name on Card:
     Signature (fax or mail):

HOTEL RESERVATIONS:
	A special conference rate of $129 has been arranged
	for our attendees. To make arrangements, please call
	the Hyatt Regency Bethesda at (301) 657-1234

	Hyatt Regency Bethesda
	One Bethesda Metro Center
	Bethesda, MD 20814

For more information or a complete program brochure and schedule,
contact the conference coordinators as shown below:

HOW TO CONTACT US
E-Mail:  [email protected]
Phone: (214) 516-4900
Fax: (214) 424-0562