Re: Collection of personal info

On Wed, 6 Sep 1995, Timothy C. May wrote:
> I don't really disagree with Mac, at least practically speaking.
>
> (At a much deeper level, much deeper in terms of philosophy, I'm not even
> sure _disseminators_ of information have any real necessity to be correct.
> This is the issue of truth, reputation, etc. that we discuss so often. But,
> I admit that the legal system does not support my anarcho-capitalist
> extreme position, which is why I say I don't disagree with Mac,
> "practically speaking.")

Well, scratch me deeply enough, I'm not sure I'd disagree
with Tim, "philosophically speaking."  The problem is, as
all the truly wise philosophers recognized, we must live
in the world.  And given the number of us who must do so,
that entails rules.

With that caveat, none of the below is insufferable to me.

MacN