Re: If this thread didn't start with a flame then I'm ...

On Sun, 10 Sep 1995, Anonymous wrote:

> i know this is unpopular but i wish someone would respond the the points
> rather than flaming me. pat farrel is the only one of you with the balz
> to try to defend himself insead of attacking me. and you attack me for
> being anon. i love it. cypherpunks yea right.
>
> brian davis trys to convinice us that key escrow isnt so bad (who signs your paycheck davie?????)
>
> [email protected]

You flamed me several months ago, essentially for being a govt flunky in
the boonies.  You didn't respond to my last post on the topic ...

Many of us (apparently) have trouble with flames orginating from "the
great and powerful Oz" who may be, in fact, a nonacheiver hiding behind a
curtain.  I guess we need Toto to pull away your curtain of privacy!

If you don't diverse viewpoints, either persuade this list's owner to
change his charter or start your own list.  Then maybe *I'll* start
posting anonymously.

You also misread the purpose of my post re MKE.  The purpose was for me
to get a sense whether some number of Cypherpunks might agree to some
form of MKE (i.e. would some kind of protection that the government might
accept, also be acceptable to most/some on the list).  I received a
number of thoughtful and thought provoking replies.  I was expecting your
flame, but I see you decided to use your blunderbus rater than a rifle.

And you are, of course, correct.  Make no attempt to understand your
enemy.  Stand your ground regardless.  No tactical retreats, no overall
strategy.

Was this from Sun Tzu?

EBD

Not a lawyer on the Net, although I play one in real life.
Flame way! I get treated worse in person every day!!