Re: An opportunity not to be missed

On Wed, 13 Sep 1995, David C. Lambert wrote:

> I propose that we get some likely candidate (actually, a similar candidate
> to the one above) to advocate the benefits of anonymity on the net.

Try Harry Browne (http://www.rahul.net/browne).  I'm 100% certain that he
would be willing to support cryptographic rights and freedom of internet
speech.

> You may ask why these candidates would be interested in this type of thing,
> and my response is that they can be forced.  The religious right has no
> problem bringing their agenda into the public spotlight and forcing their
> issues onto candidates because of their willingness to use hyperbole and
> fanaticism (not to mention pressure on advertisers and other sponsors).

The Religious Right brings their agenda to the public spotlight because
they become incredibly involved in local politics on a nationwide basis
and have the knowledge, means, and money to influence politics at this
level.  Very few people who are outside the political process realize the
amount of organization, dedication, and dollars required to achieve
political validity.

-Thomas Edwards