Re: GAK

>So would an FBI camcorder in every room of every house.
>The question is where to draw the line, and I'd rather
>let the lines draw themselves, as opposed to having
>citizens be compelled to draw them.  The telephone
>system, Mr. Freeh's preferred analog, is inherently
>susceptible to tapping, but what if it were not, and
>every telephone were required to be equipped with
>a government tap switch, subuect to warrant, of course?

While not every telephone, every telephone switch is required
to be tap capable  - The Digital Telephony Act.  Note there is
provision for the government to pay costs for Telcos to make
their phones tappable - as yet unfunded by Congress.

The rights of The People have clearly collided with the interests
of Law Enforcement.  Guess who Congress likes better?