Re: CYPHERPUNK harmful. THE TRUTH IS TOLD

>Hmmmm... If memory serves, a year or so ago there was just such a schism
>when a prominent cypherpunk split off and formed the "cypherWONKS" list.
>The failure of that list can be attributed to one thing and one thing
>alone: a concerted effort by YOU and your acolytes against it.  You refuse
>to even mention this, which is all the proof any open-minded person needs.
>Now you are trying to stifle all open debate by doing it again. So, Mr.
>May/Szabo (if that IS your name), why not come clean once and for all
>about your role in the deaths of Vince Foster and Randy Weaver's wife, and
>your part in the newly-emerging administration scandal: TENTACLE-gate.

Yeah!!!!  What he said!!!!

Seriously.

It seems to me that if a list of cypher-interested "cryptologists, hackers,
and mathematicians" (Copyright, Wall Street Journal), want to call
themselves "punks", it's fine by me.

Face it folks, people of the "punk" genre have innoculated this particular
petri dish. There's enough information-agar to munch on here for quite a
while, so it doesn't look like we're going to go anywhere. If some members
of this particular community wants to bud off, or fission, or spore, or
whatever this particular meme does to reproduce, in order to change its
name to something reputable, they're welcome to.

Frankly, I find it entertaining to phone up the local internet-hysterical
talkshow host's call screener and say, "I'm a cypherpunk, and I disagree
with the host". It gets me to the head of the line, even if the innumerate
technophobe who's managing the queue couldn't spell "cypher" if he/she/its
life depended on it...

So long, and you're welcome for all the fish.

Can we get back to c-coding and dissolving reality as we know it, now?

Cheers,
Bob Hettinga

Robert Hettinga ([email protected])
Shipwright Development Corporation, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131
USA (617) 323-7923
"Reality is not optional." --Thomas Sowell