Re: "Hackers"-- brief review and anecdote...

No chance. The problem for me isn't that someone wanted to call a movie
Hackers but that it causes confusion in that for eleven years there has
been a preexisiting work by that name.  There is a novelization of the
screenplay now in paperback, so when if a friend recommends that you buy
Hackers, you'll probably buy that one. (especially since Dell is
determined to do as little as possible for my own book).