Re: Netscape to end Linux support?

Jeff Simmons writes:
 > > And the sad part is that now that they have announced that they are
 > > dropping their unofficial Linux support, I really want to hurt
 > > Netscape badly.
 > > Sigh.
 > Anyone got a pointer to this announcement?
 > Damn!  Just when I was starting to like them ...

Hmm, I was also thinking good about responsiveness on the security
issue (though the way they behave regarding html extensions is still
not fair imo, but that's another debate), and I have modified my
netscape security page accordingly, but, dropping Linux as the list of
UNIX supported host is certainly not a good thing at all, I
urge/pray/suggest... that listening Netscape folks here try to put
it back, PLEASE (It is not that difficult to compile under linux is it ?)

(source :
http://www.netscape.com/comprod/products/navigator/version_2.0/datasheet.html
[...]
SUPPORTED PLATFORMS
[...]
UNIX:
            Digital Equipment Corp. Alpha (OSF/1 2.0)
            Hewlett-Packard 700-series (HP-UX 9.03)
            IBM RS/6000 AIX 3.2
            Silicon Graphics (IRIX 5.2)
            Sun SPARC (Solaris 2.4, SunOS 4.1.3)
            386/486/Pentium (BSDI)
)
Or maybe it is just a missing item in the list ? [i hope!]

dl
--
Laurent Demailly * http://hplyot.obspm.fr/~dl/ * Linux|PGP|Gnu|Tcl|...  Freedom
Prime#1: cent cinq mille cent cinq milliards cent cinq mille cent soixante sept

Saddam Hussein Qaddafi [Hello to all my fans in domestic surveillance]
genetic Cocaine radar Ortega