Re: Another Netscape Bug (and possible security hole)

At 01:17 PM 9/22/95 -0400, Thomas Grant Edwards wrote:
>On Fri, 22 Sep 1995, Dietrich J. Kappe wrote:
>
>> Netscape 1.1N on a powermac crashes hard on that url. If anyone wants to try
>> it out, I've put up a simple page with the url at
>> http://www.redweb.com/experiment/bug.html
>
>Netscape also crashes (error 1) on regular Macs...sigh.  I'm contacting
>someone who just wrote a http server to see how tough it would be drop
>some code on the stack.
>
>-Thomas

On my 486 running Windoze for Workgroups 3.11 and the latest Netscape Beta
it causes Netscape to die but doesn't lock me up.

Generally I've found Netscape blows up in a much firendlier way than other
Windoze programs.  I can often recover the Netscape session itself and it
doesn't lock me up as much.

DCF