Re: Netscape "random" number seed generator code available

Jeff Weinstein wrote:

|   More on the RNG stuff.  On Unix systems we look for ~/.pgp/randseed.bin,
| and feed it through the RNG hash.  On Unix and PC systems we feed the
| environment through the hash, so that would be a good place for a
| concerned user to put some random stuff of their own.

On a SunOS (or any BSD) box ps -e will get you environment variables.

ps -eaxuw
USER       PID %CPU %MEM   SZ  RSS TT STAT START  TIME COMMAND
root        53  0.0  0.0   68    0 ?  IW   Sep 19  0:02 portmap HOME=/
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/etc:/usr/ucb
root        68  0.0  0.0   16    0 ?  I    Sep 19  0:00  (biod)
root        58  0.0  0.0   40    0 ?  IW   Sep 19  0:00 keyserv HOME=/
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/etc:/usr/ucb

Adam

					               -Hume